This course is specially designed to give beginners’ good, basic understanding and insight in the ancient Chinese art of Tai Chi Chuan – Strong Body, Still Mind.
The syllabus of the Beginners’ Course will focus on the following areas:
• Basic Taoist Meditation – Yeung Sang Hey Kung Set One The aim is to “still” the mind and sink the Chi at the Tan Tien (or also know as the field of Chi) point.
• General relaxation exercises To loosen the joints and stretch the muscle so as to move the Chi, and awaken the fascia, ligaments and organs.
• Basic Tai Chi Chuan Form To circulate CHI through various postures in a continuous flowing movement. The form is often referred to in the West as “Moving Meditation”.
• Applied Tai Chi i.e. testing of each Tai Chi posture to ensure that it is strong, stable and powerful with the application of Chi.
Students will attend one lesson (one and a half hours each) per week over a period of 6 weeks. However, if you miss a lesson, you would be able do a catch up session for the class missed within the course period at either of the Master Ding Academy.
At the end of this course, students must join as a member of the organisation to be eligible to continue their training. The annual membership fee is £50 and monthly Tai Chi fee ( for 1 lesson per week) for Beginners I is £40.
The monthly Tai Chi fee should be paid online on the 1st of each month to our bank details below.
FOUNDATION COURSE FEES ( 6 weeks i.e. one lesson per week) The fee for the Beginners’ Tai Chi Chuan course is £70 per person.
Only a limited number of students are allowed on each course, in order to ensure more personal supervision from the instructor.
To ensure your place on the course, you will need to book in advance and pay the course fee in full by completing the slip below.
The fee includes:
• Fee for Beginners’ Foundation Tai Chi Chuan Course i.e. 6 sessions of 1 ½ hours held over a 6 weeks period.
• The course fee paid is non-refundable.
• If you are unable to complete the course that you have enrolled in due to any unforeseen circumstances, we would be quite happy to let you join the next Beginners’ course for the lessons missed so that you can complete your course.
CLOTHING No special clothing is necessary – any loose fitting/comfortable wear is suitable. However, students are encouraged to wear the Academy’s uniform. All members are expected to wear the Academy uniform when attending Tai Chi training.